[Xastir] RH9 compile problems

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Oct 21 09:54:44 EDT 2003

<evangelism>
For those who haven't played with it, check out apt-get
(http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/) for adding and updating packages.  It
solves a big problem with RPM, which GnomeRPM and a few other programs
try to mitigate: snagging all the dependencies and installing them
together with the package you wanted in the first place.  I've now got a
cron job that updates my systems (home's just 2, plus the laptop; work's
about 80) every night.  It'll make your life a lot easier for
installing, for example XFree86 or gcc.
</evangelism>

Glad you got it up, Jacob!

73, gerry