[Xastir] Can't run under Cygwin now

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 26 00:19:42 EDT 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:

> I just ran a CVS update and now xastir won't load.  I get the following error:
>
> $xastir
> bash: /usr/local/bin/xastir: Permission denied

Where are you loading it from?  /usr/local/bin/xastir?

"cvs update" doesn't touch the binary in the installed location.
"make install" or "make install-strip" will however.

"cvs update" didn't cause your problem.  Check permissions on your
binary:  "ls -l /usr/local/bin/xastir"

Make sure it has execute permissions.

> $ xastir
> Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAP_ICONOUTLINESTYLE in config
> file, changing to 0
> Error: Shell widget xastir has zero width and/or height
>
> I understand the out-of-range statement... That's just adding the new icon
> stuff to the config but why am I getting the errors?

That's a problem in the Lesstif widget set as I recall.  I haven't
seen that one for quite a while.  I run OpenMotif widget set now.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer