[Xastir] readme.win32 file

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Tue Sep 2 13:53:43 EDT 2003

> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Byron Smith wrote:
> [..snip..]
>
> It has installed fine on most SuSE linux versions I've tried.  I
> just installed it on 8.2, and have been running (and developing) on
> SuSE 7.3 for quite a while.  I've also run it on Slackware with no
> problems.  The RedHat problems can be worked through, it just takes
> a bit of effort on each user's part.  Perhaps the next version of
> RedHat will be better in this regard.

Im currently running Xastir on RedHat 9 without issue. You simply need to
replace the Xastir 'required' libraries that are in RPM format on your
RedHat 9 box with your own compiled version from source.

I did a basic RedHat 9 install. I then 'rpm -e' any libraries that had
been installed that Xastir wanted to use. I then download, compiled and
installed the libraries Xastir wanted.  Fired up first time without issue.

-Tyler