[Xastir] readme.win32 file

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Wed Sep 3 17:17:31 EDT 2003

> I don't know where you get your information from, but I am running RH9
> with the RedHat stock libraries and I have NO trouble whatsoever. Even
> running XASTIR. Why do you want to go around saying such things. What
> you have professed is simply not true.
>
> If the RedHat libraries can't be used with xastir then someone should
> explain to me how xaster is running here.

You are using Xastir with all options turns on?

I literally took a RH9 boot disk and installed RH9 from FTP not more than
a week ago. Downloaded the latest tgz file from sourceforge of Xastir,
compiled and fired it up.

Sure it ran..but none of the graphics or map files would load correctly.

>From memory I KNOW I had to rebuild the libtiff and ImageMagick libraries.
Once I did this the map files started working.

Again..give me a couple days and I'll see EXACTLY which libraries are
broken in RedHat and report back.

-Tyler