[Xastir] readme.win32 file RH 9.0 Works

Chuck Byam cbyam at virginia.edu
Sat Sep 6 09:12:42 EDT 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 18:39, Han Sytsma wrote:
<< snip, snip >>
| No ImageMagick and ax25 support according to configure. Configure did
| find both ImageMagick and AX25, bit it missed functions in it! Now I
| made a mistake by installing 2 things at a time: Old ImageMagick from RH
| 8.0 and because I suddenly remembered.. Bzip2-devel, this is used to
| compress something in xastir I asume and maybe adds the wanted function?
| I leave that question to Curt.
|
| After this aswell ImageMagick support was included as ax25 support.
|
| Here I stopped testing. What I advise to do is in case of problems:
|
| 1. try installing bzip2-devel from RH 9.0 cd 2
| 2. if not working: try to install RH 9.0 again, workstation mode (use
| original system / no partitioning, no formating)
| 3. if the above doesn't work at all, try ImageMagick from RH 8.0

bzip2-devel is a required package of ImageMagick.   The RH [9] RPM's were
broke in the sense that this dependency was not in the .spec.  This is a
known issue with RH and updates are available (needed if building src.rpm as
well).  This issue is also well known to those of us using RH and has been
mentioned on this list numerous times.
--
Chuck