[Xastir] CVS update "broke" my Serial Port..

Richard Garcia k4gps at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 22 15:37:57 EDT 2003

I just did a CVS update and it acted quite differently than previous
times. I don't know if this is normal or not but just a heads up if
not...

Xastir was working fine, I exited did a CVS update and all went well
till' I started it up again. Seems that /ttyS0 did not "like" the
update, it would go to a hard fail as soon as the screen came up. The
failure was happening way too fast so I thought it was a permission
problem. I made sure I was added to the UUCP group and then I had to
restart Xastir for the port to come up. That did fix the problem and
only took a few seconds since my guess was right but again I never had
to do that in the past after an update.

Rich
K4GPS