[Xastir] win32 shapefiles

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Wed Sep 24 00:21:21 EDT 2003

OK, I just discovered what "online tiger maps"
are.  Absolutely awesome.

But for shapefiles that i am trying to keep on my HD,
this is my problem (I posted this before and either
it or replies to it didn't show up; or they did
show up and i didn't pay attention; i lose some mail
at this address):

With the Map Chooser, if i choose only the directories
that have the county shapes for CA NV OR (county_2000)
i get those fine.  Then i tried to add the directory
in which i have line_features_roads which are large
files.

I get, for example in my county (Lassen in CA) only
US Hwy 395.  No little roads at all even when i zoom
in.

So is there a way to get more roads to appear?

Orrin wn1z