[Xastir] win32 shapefiles

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Wed Sep 24 08:34:08 EDT 2003

Orrin Winton wrote:
> With the Map Chooser, if i choose only the directories
> that have the county shapes for CA NV OR (county_2000)
> i get those fine.  Then i tried to add the directory
> in which i have line_features_roads which are large
> files.

When you add that directory with the line features roads, can you (in the
map chooser) click the "Expand Directories" checkbox and see the individual
maps in that folder? I have experienced problems with adding new maps that
don't show up and found that the solution is to use the "touch" unix command
to change the file modification date to 'now', at which point, the "Index:
Add new maps" command in Xastir would properly index the new maps. The
problem was that when I unzipped the map files, the unzip utility preserved
the files' modification date as stored in the zip file.

If that doesn't have an effect...

Have you tried different background colors? Maybe the little roads are
getting drawn the same color as the background.

What about map fills. Is that feature on or off? If you have, for instance,
county outline shapefiles and they are layered above the little roads, then
they will cover up everthing if Map Fills are enabled.

> I get, for example in my county (Lassen in CA) only
> US Hwy 395.  No little roads at all even when i zoom
> in.

Is US Hwy 395 part of the line_features_roads maps in question?

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.