[Xastir] win32 shapefiles

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Wed Sep 24 18:14:06 EDT 2003

Thanks to the several people who answered this.

(1) Didn't have to do 'touch' to change the date;
all the .shp files showed up in my line_features_roads
directory.

(2) I set the map background to WHITE.  With it set
to grey i'm sure i was covering up the little roads, so
i was just getting the big highways in black & red.

(3) I selected (Map Chooser) just my
line_features_roads directory.

(4) Finally, i turned off "enable map levels."  The
roads miraculously appeared.  Now i'll work on how to
deal with map levels.

QUESTION:
Is there a way to change the level of more than one
map at a time?  I couldn't find the way to do that.
I have many hundreds of shapefiles now and to change
the level one map at a time will be quite a chore.
== Lower number means higher priority, right?

Orrin wn1z