[Xastir] Weather Maps

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 25 00:13:29 EDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, James Cour wrote:

> The good news is that I now have almost everything working in Xastir under Win XP (thanks to all who offered advice).  Now, my problem is that I have a lot of data streaming in and I need to learn how to interpret it!  I have some funny looking areas on my map that I think are from NOAA, sort of rhombus shapes, and I assume they are different types of storm watch areas but I would sort of like to know what they really are.  I have looked at the NOAA web site with no luck, can somebody point me to a web page with the legends?

If they kind of looked like the striped construction barriers that we
used to see all over, they're probably the multipoint polygons that
the WXSVR by Dale Huguley is putting out.  He's also the one that
parses the EMWIN data stream and automatically puts out the alerts
that cause the APRS programs to light up counties and NOAA zones.

Try something like wxsvr.org, or a google search for WXSVR.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer