[Xastir] maps

James Cour K1ZC at comcast.net
Sat Sep 27 12:26:47 EDT 2003

> I was going to mention that Gerry has a composite radar for the whole
> U.S., and you can make the background transparent now on Xastir.
> Would that do the trick?  That way you wouldn't have to make a
> decision on which radar map to use ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY!

It might!  There is only one way to find out - do you have a link to the
composite file?

As I update the install instructions for Windows, I was thinking about all
the steps necessary to install Xastir (downloading and compiling all the
libs in particular).  Since WinZip and most other archive programs save
directory information, is there any reason there can't be an archive with
all the necessary files in one place that would create and install all the
libs in one step?  Similarly, there could be a script file that would run
through all the compile steps (or the mega file could have compiled code).
The user would still need to manually download Xastir, if only to insure
that cvs update would work at a later time, but it would sure make the
overall build process a bit smoother.  Are there technical pitfalls I am
missing here?

Jim