[Xastir] RFD: Map Centering

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Thu Apr 22 03:00:35 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>
To: "Hurt, Jay" <hurt at adcom911.org>
Cc: <xastir at xastir.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Xastir] RFD: Map Centering

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Hurt, Jay wrote:
>
> A couple of things I was thinking about earlier, and I think put
> into feature requests back then:
>
> A way to make the map center visible, probably with cross-hairs.
> A way to pan in very fine increments.
>
> Would those solve the problem?  Any more ideas?

Drawing a box when you click and drag to define the new screen size, similar
to the way Windows works.  That way you can see the box that you create.
Better yet, keep the proportions of the box equal to the screen size so you
know exactly what will and will not appear in the new screen before you let
go of the left mouse button.