[Xastir] RFD: Map Centering

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 22 13:28:10 EDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Matt Werner wrote:

> Drawing a box when you click and drag to define the new screen size, similar
> to the way Windows works.  That way you can see the box that you create.
> Better yet, keep the proportions of the box equal to the screen size so you
> know exactly what will and will not appear in the new screen before you let
> go of the left mouse button.

I looked into doing this a few months back.  I like your
"proportional" idea though.

In X11, you can turn on the capture of all mouse events, then you
can do things real-time as you drag things around.  This gives you a
LOT of events to process though, as it is very talkative then.  Just
processing those events alone might be a hassle for us.

The way we do it now we just get events when you press and when you
release, and our processing needs are much simpler then for mouse
events.

I might revisit this issue later.