[Xastir] Two suggestions

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Apr 27 14:05:40 EDT 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 12:55 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> So why aren't you using the 2003 street data?  That data requires
> the dbfawk file to work, but we include the dbfawk file in CVS
> Xastir for it.

My (limited) understanding is that the raw tiger data from the census
bureau needs some sort of conversion into shape file form, either by
compiling in GDAL or by using external tools.  I have neither working
right now, so I downloaded the 2000 data that ESRI provides as shape
files.

>> If I can get the topographical data from USGS working this well, I'll
>> be so happy I'll probably just explode. (:
>
> It does work,

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply otherwise; I should have been a little
clearer. The code is there and I'm sure it works if you have everything
built correctly. I'm having trouble on my Mac os X box getting all the
parts and pieces installed so I can use all the neat stuff that
GDAL/OGR support brings with it.  That's why I said "when I get it to
work" and not "when they get it work".  (:

-Jason
kg4wsv