[Xastir] Filter Parameter for Internet Server

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 28 12:29:19 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Gerry Creager wrote:

> Check in the distribution for 'callpass' and run that with your callsign
> as input to get a registration key.  The history is too sad to go into here.

A new section was added yesterday to "INSTALL" which specifies how
to get that initial connection going to a server, including a link
to the big server list.  Doesn't talk about filtering though.

> Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:
> >
> > I looked at the docs but could not find anything on it.
> >
> > Can someone tell me what it expecs to see?

You must first connect to a port on the server that does filtering.
In Xastir, I put "t/oimnt" in my filter parameters box.  The
"filter" keyword is added by Xastir automatically if you have
anything in that box.

> > Also, is there anyway to search through the archives of this
> > list. I know you can browse, but a search would be great.

You could use Google to do it.  I've hit on several mailing list
articles that way before.

> > And lastly...  I get a pop-up window that says Contact program
> > author for registration. Is that from Xastir? of maybe festival?
> > I'm also getting a pop-up "You are an unverified user, Internet
> > access only." Which I take it is related.

Xastir is set up so that if you get a message from the remote end
and it doesn't know what to do with it, you get presented that
information in a dialog.  That message is coming from the remote
end, not from Xastir.  Do the "callpass" thing, put the number into
the box, and the remote server should stop complaining.