[Xastir] Filter Parameter for Internet Server

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikep at mikeathome.net
Wed Apr 28 12:47:44 EDT 2004

Thanks for the response Gerry.

I added my "callpass" and that seems like it will work.
Takes a bit of time before they pop up though, but so far so good.

As for the filter, that did not work. I tried other stuff taken from http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSSrvr/javaprsfilter.htm and nothing seem to work at all.

Also I still haven't been able to get a map to display.

I downloaded world.tar.bz2 from http://aprsworld.net/gisdata/world/ and installed it into the /usr/local/share/xastir/map directory.

Anything else I need to do?

I've also tried a xpm map with a geo file and that doesn't seem to work either for me.

Between you and me (and this list) there seems to be a decent learning curve here to get this up and running.
And I consider myslef to be quite knowledgable with most software packages and *nix machines.
I've only been running *nix machines at home for the past 20 years or so now!  ;-)

I would imagine the average person would have surely given up by now.

This is the debug info I get at startup:

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
festival_client: connect to server failed
SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival
Warning:
    Name: create_appshell text_output2
    Class: XmTextField
    Character '\260' not supported in font.  Discarded.

The "Character '\260' not supported in font" message repeats for a long time with different chars.

Cheers,
Mike