[Xastir] Filter Parameter for Internet Server

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 28 16:26:50 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:

> This has also been a great learning experience for an APRS project
> I'm about to start.

Going to share?

> I did not know about filtering. I was about to poll a server on a
> regular basis to get weather data to be able to insert it into a
> database.
> Now I know the better solution would be to connect to it with a
> filter for only that station. Great stuff.

Do you know about firenet?  I'm one of the contributors to that
system and we have a lot more weather on there than you'll get on
the APRS-IS.  Also quakes, Fires, hot-spots computed by satellite,
and river gauges.

> Next...  anyone know where I can get some vector maps for
> Montreal, Quebec, Ontario?

It was just posted yesterday, and added to the Map Pointers page
(see the Xastir home page, on the left).  As I recall they were
province-size maps though, and very large downloads.  Perhaps they
have smaller ones as well.

You can also use aprsdos, winpars, pocketaprs vector maps with
Xastir.  Those are all vector maps.