[Xastir] compiling on SuSE 9.1

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 3 15:28:06 EDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Rick Green wrote:

> I see the notes in
> INSTALL where Shapefile and ImageMagick sources may be had, but I'm leery
> at this point of mixing SuSE and other sources for libraries.

As you should be.  I've mixed things in the past.  Sometimes that
works well, sometimes not.

> AX25, festival, and PCRE support.  If I recall,
> I need ImageMagick support in order to use the TIGER maps, but they load
> pretty slowly anyway, so I'll use the pocketaprs maps for the next week or
> so, as I attempt to track some gliders competing in the Region 6 North
> sailplane contest.

If you install the Shapelib stuff you should be able to get Shapelib
and dbfawk enabled as well, then can use the very detailed Tiger
2003 Shapefile street maps.  I'd recommend that.

You're right about ImageMagick needed for the online maps.  Also
either wget or libcurl.

You didn't end up with ImageMagick support after loading in
lcms-devel and reconfiguring?  Check the config.log file to see what
it's complaining about now.  It might be something very simple.

>   In a recent post, you mentioned a 'new feature' of a listening port that
> will allow xastir to be a local server for other displays, but I don't
> find a new source tarball on the site.  Is this only in CVS?  It looks
> like CVS is another skill I'm going to have to learn soon...

Check again.  New development snapshot released today.  New
togglebutton in the Interface menu to enable it.  Port 2023.