[Xastir] compiling on SuSE 9.1

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 4 10:00:09 EDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Rick Green wrote:

>  the updated code compiled fine, is up and running.  I've got my new
> laptop install pulling a filtered stream from indiana.aprs2.net, and my
> old desktop install pulling the stream from the laptop.  The listening
> port 2023 doesn't support user filter specs, does it?

Nope.  Probably won't either, at least I have no plans for it.  If
another developer is interested in implementing that, or a user
sends patches to implement it, then you have a chance.

>   It doesn't appear to be sending any data 'upstream', however.  The
> laptop icon has appeared almost instantly on the desktop, but the
> desktop's 'house' icon hasn't yet appeared on the laptop.  I don't have a
> TNC interface on either machine right now, so I've got no source of
> external data to test upstream igating...

You need to have transmit enabled for each interface, make sure that
the global transmit disables on the Interface menu aren't clicked,
and then if you want connected clients to get gated up to the
servers you need igating turned on in the Configure->Defaults menu.
You also need a valid passcode for each interface, else you won't
get authenticated and won't be able to send any data.