[Xastir] compiling on SuSE 9.1

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Aug 4 10:19:25 EDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> You need to have transmit enabled for each interface, make sure that
> the global transmit disables on the Interface menu aren't clicked,
> and then if you want connected clients to get gated up to the
> servers you need igating turned on in the Configure->Defaults menu.
  That was it.

This morning, I re-ran 'make install' from the 1.3.2 directory.  So far,
it's been stable, but it is also exibiting the behavior of only displaying
some of the messages in the lower left corner.  On my desktop install
(Suse 8.1), that box is never blank.  It either displays the call of the
most recent packet, or my own station ID.  On the SuSE9.1 laptop, its most
often blank, only occasionally displaying my call or another.  I have
never seen a 'tactical' callsign displayed, nor the 'connected to
....server' which appears upon interface startup on the desktop.
  It's not ignoring packets, however.  When a new WX icon appears on the
map with a tactical callsign, the callsign message is blank, but the
station count in the third box does get incremented, and the station does
get displayed on the map.

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin