[Xastir] Excessive system resoures

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.us
Tue Aug 10 04:33:13 EDT 2004

Hello all,

Running Xastir 1.3.3 on Windows box with Cygwin. I am seeing extreme system
resource use when starting and running Xastir after Cygwin has started. I
did a cvs update about 1 week ago. CPU usage is at ~95 % with Xastir
running, drops to ~25% once I close Xastir. Additionally, I have the same
excessive CPU usage when doing the CVS update using the Bash shell.

Running a 2.4 GHz P4, 768MB ram. Using AGWPE but disabling has no effect. I
cannot say when this problem initially appeared although I have noticed this
excessive CPU cycle has starting within the last day or so.

Anyone have a suggestion or possible steps to try to diagnose the problem?
I'd sure appreciate any help!

Randy - KK6RW