[Xastir] Object/item bugs

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Fri Aug 13 14:50:10 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> Click on the SourceForge page.  Bug tracking is listed there.
> Please file one bug per problem you described.

Uh, looks like my brain was subject to some kind of a shortcut when I
didn't see that.. I guess I was just looking for a separate link to a
bug tracker, but as Xastir is an SF project I don't think any is needed.

> Note that the dialog that appears/disappears quickly is there by
> design.  We're using the find-the-station-near-the-mouse features of
> the Station Info dialog, but dropping right through it to the modify
> dialog.  You should see the modify dialog if you're near one of your
> objects when you do this mouse operation.  If you're not near one,
> you won't get to a modify dialog for objects/items that way.

Ok. This station/object selection from a map is another thing I have had
some issues. Especially if there are several objects/stations in the
same place or very close togher getting the "station chooser" display I
want is not reliable. Most of the time if I pick "station info", for
example, one info screen pops out for one of the stations in that spot
instead of a station chooser that would list all the stations/objects in
that location.

> There was some work done on this by Chris Bell I believe, and there
> are still some #define's in the code that will allow Xastir to try
> to display bitmaps at proper resolutions.
>
> I prefer vector maps so that I bypass those sorts of problems.

Yes, vector maps are superior, but bitmpas are much easier to come by in
this part of the world. Our governement, for some arcane reason, does
not provide accurate map information for free, let alone in vector
format. So many of the maps are bitmaps "stolen" from some mapping
website or scanned from a paper map.

Anyway thanks for the help, I'll look into the bugs a bit later and file
the reports.

   Tapio