[Xastir] Object/item bugs

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Fri Aug 13 18:28:10 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Tapio Sokura wrote:
> On all of my machines I go to the Modify Object/Item dialog that
> way, but another window opens/closes very quickly on the way.  Are
> you not getting to that last dialog through the Object/Item->Modify
> method?

I played a bit with the mouse and it looks like I can sometimes catch
the object modify dialog via "object/item->modify". So this might be
similar to the issue of having trouble getting the "station chooser"
dialog when there are multiple targets close together for "station
info"? It feels like "station info" works on a much larger area around
the exact location of the object/item/station tham "objet/item->modify".
I haven't checked whether the map scale has something to do with this
sensitivity area, I usually use a zoom level of about 256.

> We could certainly create new objects/items that way, but is it not
> adequate to bring up the dialog using the standard method and then
> just type in the coordinates?

Yes it is now that I know its there, but it took me a few minutes before
I realized to check the popup-menu. So this is just a one-time usability
thing.

>>(and don't even get me started on scrolling!).

> Why not?

Is there a way to move the map around little by little, like you could
use scroll bars in a typical application? There is the center-option on
the popup-menu, but its hard to predict exactly what the outcome of a
centering operation is. There are the arrow-buttons next to the menus,
but they jump larger hops. I'm looking for an easy way to accurately
position the visible map in the window the way I like it.

   Tapio