[Xastir] STUPID Xastir

ke4lkq ke4lkq at doramefa.us
Tue Aug 17 13:03:15 EDT 2004

For about the last year to year and a-half, xastir goes "stupid " on me.
Here is what happens,
start Xastir
chose a pull down menu such as the maps menu,
try to slide the vertical slide bar to access maps hidden above or below the
menu borders and xastir just keeps scrolling!! doesn't stop untill it reachs
which ever end it is headed for. Also I have to kill the menu with the little
"x" in the upper right corner of the menu.  Close will not work
Same for other configuration menu's using the slider.
This can happen after just starting the program or after many days. No
consistancy to when it happens.  Starting and stopping the program several
time in rapid succession fixes it for a short while, then back to its old
tricks.
Is this a mouse problem, xastir problem, OS problem???
I would appreciate it if someone would help me to get a handle on the problem
once and for all.

SuSe 9.0, generic install.
Xfce window manager, etc
Xastir compiled from CVS at least once a week
ps2 mouse
nividia video card
512 meg ram
pemtium 600mz processor