[Xastir] Mailing lists flaky for me

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Mon Aug 30 02:22:33 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Mills" <archer at eskimo.com>
To: "Matt Werner" <kb0kqa at arrl.net>
Cc: <xastir at xastir.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Xastir] Mailing lists flaky for me

> Make sure you check the headers.  Sometimes people put the mailing
> list address in there twice, or like me, put both Xastir and
> Xastir-dev address in there for some messages that are applicable to
> both lists.  If you're subscribed to both lists, you'll see it come
> in twice in that case.

The headers are identical up to a point.  Where the mail is sent from
sierra.hollymead.net to the arrl.net server is the problem.  It looks like
sierra.hollymead.net is delievering two seperate copies of the same message.

I'm not subscribed to the Xastir-dev list.  I do see the duplicates on
messages where it appears to only be sent once and where I am not in the to
or cc fields.

I do still receive duplicates.  For example, your message where you start
off as "HSP is a hack though" - I got two copies of that one.  It seems like
the duplicates are down to about 1 or 2 per day at the current level of list
traffic.  Manageable but still not right.

73 - Matt