[Xastir] Trying to reinstall Xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 30 10:44:23 EDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Randy Whitney wrote:

> After a while away and a new hard drive, I'm trying to reinstall Xastir
> under Cygwin. I get to the ~./configure stage, then get the error:
>
> "configure: error: *** No X11!  Install X-Windows development
> headers/libraries! ***"
>
> The configure process then stops. I've looked through the Cygwin list but
> cannot find any references to X-Windows development headers/libraries.
>
> I've checked the path in the .profile file which is correct.
>
> I'm running on a XP Pro system, P4-2.4GHz, 768 MB ram.
>
> Any suggestions? Your help would sure be appreciated!

I suspect the Xwindows system used by Cygwin may have changed since
the last time you did an install.  They're using Xorg X11 now
instead of XFree86 X11.

See the latest README.win32 file for the list of Cygwin packages you
should install.  Perhaps you're working off an old list?  A link to
the latest README.win32 file is on the Xastir home page.