[Xastir] dumb question du jour

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Thu Dec 2 16:08:50 EST 2004

Ok, I've gotten sound modem working... I can run soundmodem & and see stations
being received scroll by on the screen.  GREAT!.

I can do a IFCONFIG and see that my soundmodem interface is there... as sm0 with
callsign kd4rdb-2.  FINE.

My /etc/axports file looks like this:
# /etc/ax25/axports
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# name callsign speed paclen window description
#
aprs    KD4RDB-2        1200    255     7       Soundmodem

When I make an interface in xastir for ax25 tnc, and call it 'aprs', I get
interface 4 hard fail.

What'd I do wrong?  How the heck does sm0 interface get mapped to aprs in the
axports file?

Also, the soundmodem is sending samba broadcast info... how do I stop samba from
broadcasting on this port?  No need in all that junk going out on air.

Wes