[Xastir] README.MAPS Where is it?

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Mon Dec 13 00:53:29 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 04:53:57AM +0000, John Kraus wrote:
> Ok I now have the system up and running.
>
> I did a search on my system for README.MAPS with various combinations of
> upper and lowercase and this file is not on my system anywhere that I can
> find.  I also looked on google and found a copy on Sourceforge but it did
> not make sense it seemed to be missing critical background information.

How did you install Xastir (and which version)?  README.MAPS has been
there for some time and should be in the directory in which the tarball
is uncompressed.

> I can get the online tiger maps,terraserver and toposerver maps to display.
> Can these be cached for local use with faster load times? If so how?

Tiger maps are now cached (in CVS a few weeks ago).  I don't know about
the others, but README.MAPS only mentions tiger.  If you use CVS to
upgrade to the latest source, you will have caching.

Bob N7XY