[Xastir] How can I use SA captures from UI-View in Xastir

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Dec 15 00:08:46 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 10:02:29PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 04:37:48AM +0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kc4zgq at hotmail.com> flavor, containing:
> > How can I use maps captured from Street Atlas using UI-View in Xastir?
> >
> > The capture process creates an *.inf file with coordinates for a given map
> > of the same name that is captured as a GIF, or PNG file.  If these can be
> > used it would provide a very simple way to create useful maps that are very
> > quick to load.  If it can be integrated with the range scale function it
> > could simulate zoomable maps nicely.  This could be a good way to support
> > lower end machines and those without full-time connections.

I skipped one point.  If you set the Map Properties for each such .geo file
to the range of zoom levels at which you want it displayed, you can get the
effect you are after.

One might have to be careful that one doesn't violate the license for SA
in doing all this, but as long as you're using the captures on the same
machine as the licensed version of SA there shouldn't be a problem.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "That which does not kill me is better than that which does."
    --Irving Nietzche, lesser known of the famous Nietzche twins