[Xastir] Help installing Cygwin/Xastir

Jason & Kim Conolly conolly at ieee.org
Mon Dec 13 15:14:53 EST 2004

I am new to the concept of Cygwin and Xastir, so I am not sure which side
this problem is on.

I am trying to install both.  I believe I have successfully installed Cygwin
and XWindows, since I can get an X Windows desktop and run some of the
Cygwin X-Windows applications.  However, I have not been able to
successfully install Xastir.

The Readme.W32 instructions for Xastir installation start with
./boostrap.sh.  Running this command, I get the following:

JConolly at ConollyLaptop ~/src/xastir

$ ./bootstrap.sh

Removing autom4te.cache directory

Running aclocal

/usr/share/aclocal/freetype2.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
AC_CHECK_FT2

    Run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'

    Or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

Continuing through the configure and make steps, the configuration does not
find packages I believe are installed under Cygwin (based on the list of
packages from Readme.W32). including AX25, ImageMagick, libproj, GDAL/OGR,
ShapeLib,dbfawk, etc.  In fact, at the end of the Xastir 1.4.1
configuration, only pcre and ErrorPopups are included of the external
libraries.  I'm not sure if this is related to the problem with
bootstrap.sh?

Running make results in a gcc command line that includes a -no-undefined
option that causes an unrecognized option error and a variety of make[x]
Errors.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks!

73,