[Xastir] Console messages

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Dec 24 12:17:28 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 10:03:34AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kc7zru at kc7zru.net> flavor, containing:
> Best of the Hollidays to you all!
> Hope you're having a wonderful time in your own tradition!

Back atcha.

> --------------
>
> Something changed in xastir recently.
>
> I've two installs (FC1 and an FC2, home and work) and in the past week or
> so, both have started scrolling in the terminal window:
>
> shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
> directories: No such file or directory
>
> Over and over again - beyond the buffer limit for my terminal (1k lines).
>
> Only thing I've done different is run configure with the --with-rtree to
> enable that.

Does that go away again if you do a make distclean and reconfigure without
--with-rtree?  The rtree stuff does no "getcwd" calls, and
shell-init is foreign to me as well, so I'm at a loss to explain where these
are coming from if it is indeed related to the rtree code.  I don't see
what you're seeing, but I'm not on linux.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."