[Xastir] Print and/or screen dump

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Dec 25 21:23:24 EST 2004

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, Jim R wrote:

> Curt Mills wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, Jim R wrote:
> >

> >>I did not have /gv/, but I downloaded and installed the rpm for that (I
> >>am running Suse 9.1).  I can run it from the command line.
> >>
> >>Following that, I downloaded and installed /Xastir 1.4.1/.  I chgmod
> >>4555, and ran ldconfig just for good measure.
> >>

> >You re-ran "configure" so that it found "cvs" also?
> >

> Curt,
>
> I'm not sure that I understand this question.  I am running the "stable"
> version, not the development.  Is this still relevant?

Just that any time you add/subtract libraries or executables that
Xastir can directly use, you have to go back and re-run the
./configure step in order to pick up those changes in Xastir.  You
of course also have to recompile/reinstall (and perhaps re-run the
chmod command if you need that).

The other poster gave a more exact answer to  your question though
about doing the screen captures.  If you only want the map image and
not any additional things above/below the map or other dialogs, you
use the "snapshot" feature to do that.  Each time you enable that
button, you'll get a fresh snapshot.  If you leave it enabled,
you'll get a new snapshot every five minutes.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer