[Xastir] Print and/or screen dump

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 26 13:34:52 EST 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, JR wrote:

> Yes, I did run ./configure, since this was a "new" install (I was
> previously running 1.4.0, but 1.4.1 creates new directories, etc.)
>
> I tried the PNG snapshots, but get no output in /var/tmp or
> ~/.xastir/tmp , neither immediately, nor after hours of running.
>
> I'm going on a WAG here, but my hunch is that both print and the
> snapshot issues may have the same root cause, no?

Could be.  You need ImageMagick support for snapshots.  Xastir has
to configure with ImageMagick selected as "yes" in the summary.
summary.log or Xastir's Help->About will tell you if it is compiled
in.

For print support, I think you need ImageMagick, gv, and ghostscript
support as well.

Are you able to use any of the online
tiger/toposerver/terraserver/toporama maps ok?  That'll tell you if
your ImageMagick support is working.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer