[Xastir] Print and/or screen dump

JR kd1yv at arrl.net
Sun Dec 26 15:20:34 EST 2004

Curt Mills wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, JR wrote:
>

>>Yes, I did run ./configure, since this was a "new" install (I was
>>previously running 1.4.0, but 1.4.1 creates new directories, etc.)
>>
>>I tried the PNG snapshots, but get no output in /var/tmp or
>>~/.xastir/tmp , neither immediately, nor after hours of running.
>>
>>I'm going on a WAG here, but my hunch is that both print and the
>>snapshot issues may have the same root cause, no?
>>

>Could be.  You need ImageMagick support for snapshots.  Xastir has
>to configure with ImageMagick selected as "yes" in the summary.
>summary.log or Xastir's Help->About will tell you if it is compiled
>in.
>
>For print support, I think you need ImageMagick, gv, and ghostscript
>support as well.
>
>Are you able to use any of the online
>tiger/toposerver/terraserver/toporama maps ok?  That'll tell you if
>your ImageMagick support is working.

I have ImageMagick, (and it is listed in the Xastir help list).  I can't
find anything in their Help or Install or Readme relating to snapshot
support.  I use tigermaps, and they work fine.

For ghostscript, I have ghostscript-x11, ghostscript-library,
ghostscript-fonts-std and ghostscript-fonts-other.

I installed gv from the rpm in an attempt to get this to run.  It works
when I run it from the command line.

Anybody see what I am missing?

Thanks,

Jim