[Xastir] Print and/or screen dump

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Dec 26 15:38:11 EST 2004

I'm sorry, I haven't been following this thread and might be asking things
you've already stated in previous messages I didn't keep around.

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 03:20:34PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kd1yv at arrl.net> flavor, containing:
> I have ImageMagick, (and it is listed in the Xastir help list).  I can't
> find anything in their Help or Install or Readme relating to snapshot
> support.  I use tigermaps, and they work fine.

I don't think there's anything in any docs about snapshot or print support
other than that "gv", xpm support, imagemagick libraries and "convert" are
required.  That tigermaps work makes it clear you have imagemagick and
its convert program installed and working properly.

When you attempt to print, do you get any console output? (if GV or
imagemagick/xpm isn't configured the code should print out an error message to
that effect when you try to print)  Does the print command give you the
"preview" option, and does that also fail?

Try using the "change debug level" item in File->Configure, set the level
to 512.  That should cause the print feature to dump out some status
messages to the console as it works on assembling the postscript for printing.
That might help you pin down what's going on there.  That debug level will
also cause tons of verbosity from map display, so you'll want to disable it
when you're done looking at the print debugging output.

Please forgive my asking if you've already stated this before, but what
OS are you running under?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."