[Xastir] Print and/or screen dump

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Dec 26 17:30:29 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 05:18:59PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kd1yv at arrl.net> flavor, containing:
> Tom,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I am running SuSE 9.1 with all recent patches.
> I am running Xastir 1.4.1, recently compiled.
>
> When I attempt to print, the print properties dialog box appears.  When
> I click on preview, the dialog box closes, as I would expect.  Nothing
> happens at that point.  From the documentation, I believe that a gv
> window is supposed to appear with the image for further manipulation
> before trying to actually print, but it does not.

Yes, when you click "preview" it should create a .ps file in ~/.xastir/tmp
and run gv on it.

Could you look at the config.h that's generated in your build directory and
see where it says gv is?  It'll look something like:

/* Path to gv */
#define GV_PATH "/usr/X11R6/bin/gv"

While you're at it, look at what it has for "HAVE_CONVERT"

> I tried setting the debug level to 512 and printing.  However, I cannot
> see where the console output is.  I looked in /var/logs and ~/.xastir
> and all of the directories and files below them, but none have been
> updated in accordance with the debug settings.  Is there somewhere else
> that I should look for the console output?

It should show up in the shell window where you started xastir, just dumped
to the screen.

What you should see would be something like:
  Creating print.xpm
  Convert print.xpm ==> print.ps
  Width: .... Height: ...   (the width and height of your screen
  Rotating                  (if you told it to)
  Not Rotating              (if you didn't)
  [...]
>From there on it appears to depend on how you've got xastir configured.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."