[Xastir] Xwindows spew

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Dec 28 22:28:26 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 08:18:53PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jewen at shaw.ca> flavor, containing:
> Still working on the dump in xwindows, but I've figured out why I couldn't
> talk to the D700...
> Pick the correct baud rate and all works well.... DOH!
>
> I also dumped all of the delays out of the startup and stop files. Now it
> doesn't take 10 seconds to configure, only about 2.

If that works for you, great.  But the delays were placed there because at
least on some of our D700s, the startup files were bumping up against delays
in the D700 and failing.  Look at your incoming data window.  Are you seeing
lots of "Eh?" responses?  It could be blazing through the file, and not
actually getting all the setup right.

Is your D700 switching from APRS to PKT properly, and back again when you
shut down?  Until the delays were put in there, several of us had absolutely
no such luck.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."