[Xastir] Jerky Serial IO

Greg Jurrens greg at jurrens.net
Wed Feb 4 18:41:38 EST 2004

Is anyone having issues trying to run 2 or more TNCs at once on Xastir?  I'm running a 10 day old CVS-Stable and just added a second iGATE TNC for the Motorola Marathon channel.  I'm now seeing a 'jerky' serial stream from ttyS0 and ttyS1.  It seems to make a difference if I have the Internet interface turned on.  Off makes things run smoother.  I usually connect to 2 APRS-IS sockets.  If I have both active,  my serial stream can run 10's of seconds lagging real time.

PII-450
Fedora 1 Core
XASTIR 1.2.1 Late Jan04 STABLE
2ea MFJ 1270B TNCs

Ideas?  Suggestions?  The marathon is next weekend.

73,
Greg

--
Greg Jurrens - WD0ACD