[Xastir] TNC termianl frenzy

Chris Abbott redfox at 99b.org
Fri Feb 13 22:05:27 EST 2004

Ok, still haven't really found a program for the MFJ-1217 TNC 2. I have
gotten some windows and dos software, which works under emulators, but i
haven't really been able to talk to the tnc. I know it's alive, because
it responds to cats and when starting it up as a serial tnc in xastir
spits out the same info as the cat in the logs. I doubt that kiss mode
is enabled, i still haven't made the cable to bring the radio interface
in, so i'm not sure if that's helping any. I'm going to use an Icom
IC-T7H for it. This weekend i should end up building the cable. i have
another tnc the same type, since i got both of them real cheap at the
ham fest, so i'm not even sure if they work, but the responses from cat
looks like this one should.

So if anybody has a good/any tnc terminal program that might work, tell
me more.

Thanks,
KD5WCR

Chris Abbott redfox at 99b.org