[Xastir] xastir on Solaris and AEA PK232

Alan Shackelford alan_s at shaknet.net
Sun Feb 22 21:04:00 EST 2004

Dear hams,
   I spent the better part of a Saturday getting, compiling and configuring xastir on Solaris 9. It comes up just fine, and loads a map, and shows my station in the proper place. I have checked the comms between the PakRatt and the Ultra5 running Solaris 9 using `cu` (the Solaris program for talking through the serial port) and the APRS data are coming in just fine. But in xastir the data are jumbled, like when the baud rate or parity are wrong. No stations appear on the screen, but my station is definitely sending correctly (I can see it on findu.com with correct position and time).

   Is anyone running xastir on Solaris with a AEA PK232 PakRatt? What does the tnc-startup.sys look like, and how should the serial port be configured? I had this working last year before my shack got destroyed by a young girl in an uninsured SUV, but now that the rigs are recovered from the rubble pile I can't seem to get the software running.

Alan NG3B