[Xastir] xastir and aprsd

Dana Rawding dana at rawding.com
Tue Feb 24 13:42:57 EST 2004

Thanks to all who answered.  It looks like I am going to configure
things as follows:

DRSI card  port 1 - dx cluster 144 user port,   port 2 - cluster 222
user port
Internal Serial ports - ttyS0 mouse,   ttyS1 440 cluster link (1270B in
KISS mode)
Digi Xr 920 (8 serial ports)  - ttyD000 - aprsd (KPC 2),  ttyD001
shared (KPC 9612), ttyD002 shared (KPC 3)

I'm going to try the port sharing using remserial which Mike suggested.
  I found it at http://lpccomp.bc.ca/remserial/

I know I can run Xastir remotely via X11 as Curt suggested but I'd
rather run it local.  My OSX laptop is much more powerful than my
router.  I also have all my maps loaded on the laptop.  When I run
Xastir on my workstations I generally just use Tiger Maps.  Since I
have a high speed connection they load pretty quickly.

One last question if you all don't mind.  Should the KPC 2 be run in
KISS and attached through AX.25 or should I run it as a serial
connected tnc?  I'm hoping to run both aprsd and Xastir off of it.  If
it is best to run it as AX.25 how do I configure it under aprsd?  The
only lines I see in the config file are: tncport /dev/ttyX  and tncbaud
9600?

Thanks!
Dana