[Xastir] xastir and aprsd

Brian D Heaton brian.heaton at janusresearch.com
Tue Feb 24 15:09:39 EST 2004

Dana,

	I would probably let aprsd talk directly to the serial TNC by itself.
You can then connect your local copy of Xastir to aprsd via whichever
port(s) suit your current needs best to your local aprsd.  This way
you'll have the benefits of the server history list (if desired) to
populate your map when you start up Xastir.  You can also connect to the
localport (14579) if you want to see local traffic only.

	Essentially we are doing a partial (and very early) version of some of
the Xastir-2 functionality by splitting off the functionality of talking
to interfaces and filtering  dupes by letting aprsd do that.  We can
then have our Xastir instance talk to aprsd on a single port and just
serve as the decode, display, and data injection terminal.

			THX/BDH