[Xastir] problem connecting to an aprs-is server

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Sun Feb 29 10:44:07 EST 2004

I tried connecting to several aprs-is servers and get the following failure:

Opening a Network stream
IP Address: 128.148.32.112
net_connect_thread():Net Shutdown 1 Returned -1, port 2
net_connect_thread():Net Close 1 Returned 0, port 2
Creating new thread
net_connect_thread start
We have a socket to use
after htons
after setsockopt
calling connect(), port: 10152
Thread exceeded it's time limit or failed to connect! Port 2
Killing thread
It was a timeout.
Thread did not return, port 2, DEVICE_ERROR ***
Net ok: -2, port 2
*** net_init is returning a 0 ***

Running ethereal shows that the data has in fact started flowing toward me from
the server I've connected to.  I've only tried using APRS-IS once or twice
before and it did work that time.  The timeout error happens immediately --
before a TCP timeout could have possibly happened.

What am I doing wrong?  This is with current CVS.

73 de Alan N2YGK