[Xastir] storing tigermaps locally

Guy Story, KC5GOI kc5goi at kc5goi.net
Thu Jan 1 15:18:11 EST 2004

Happy New YEars everyone.  I am wanting to store tigermaps locally on my
XASTIR box.  I placed the same tigermap files I downloaded for WinAPRS in
the /usr/local/xastir/maps directory, reindexed the maps but they do not
render.  They do appear on the list.  I have been using tigermaps via
download sucessfully.  I have to wait for the donwload to complete everytime
I change the zoom level.  Storing on the hard drive should speed that up.
Am  I mising something in a check box or something else?  I tried to search
the archives but get a permissions denied message on xastir.org when I go to
search.

thanks,

Guy