[Xastir] Yet another old-time thing...

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jan 10 11:19:50 EST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> I think we're contemporaries with Xastir, but I may have you beat with
> KarnCode contributions.  I had some questins, and tracked down some
> sendmail anomolies Phil had in the original.  Sendmail:  That's the LAST
> time I made THAT mistake!  At one point, Phil claimed there were less
> than a dozen folks who really understand sendmail, and at least 4 of
> them are clinically dead...

I heard the guy who wrote Sendmail keeps the O'Reilly Sendmail book
on his desk (which by the way is the thickest O'Reilly book by far)
because even he can't remember how to configure everything that's in
it.

BTW:  I remember hacking on KA9Q & later JNOS code, both C and
Assembly, in order to get some multi-port cards working that I
needed on my DOS machine for TCP/IP packet.  I never submitted the
patches back, but kept updating them for later versions of the
TCP/IP code as I needed.  Two of us were running my patches.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer