[Xastir] object display problems

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 13 12:22:35 EST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Gerry Creager (N5JXS) wrote:

> Check in the 'Stations' drop down menu and see if you have anything
> selected for display.  Likeely, you do not.  It takes a while to get a
> feel for initial configs, and if you're like me, you will find yourself
> changing them almost every time you are using xastir and think of
> another test to perform or station to track.

One of your responses pointed to the likely problem:  Your packets
coming in from the TNC are split into two lines, header and info.
You need to set the parameter for the TNC so that each packet comes
in as one line, or else kick the TNC into KISS mode and use that
instead.  Be aware that if you put the TNC into KISS mode, it takes
a trick or two to get it back out into normal TNC mode again.  Most
people that have been into packet for a while keep their TNC's in
KISS mode and never take them back out.  That's what I do.

The TNC command for making each packet into one received line is
probably something like "headerln".

Also be aware that there are several TNC startup files that come
with Xastir.  You may just need to select the correct one in your
Interface->Properties dialog for that interface, and it might set
things up properly for you.  Likely you're using the generic one
which may not fit your TNC.