[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-dev] New "STABLE" cvs tag

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 21 19:00:54 EST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> The latest version of the CVS sources has been tagged with the
> "STABLE" tag.  I'm not sure what the delay is between the
> developer's and anonymous CVS servers, but sometime today that tag
> should be available.  This is for those people that want to stay
> close to the development version, but don't want to be quite on the
> bleeding edge.

Near as I can tell, it works like this:

You do either a checkout or an update but include the "-r STABLE"
command-line option.

Once this is done, the "STABLE" tag becomes "sticky".  Further
updates will use that tag as well, so if you just type "cvs update"
later, you'll update to the latest "STABLE" sources, but not all the
way up to the latest developer's sources.

How does one get rid of the "sticky" tag?  Add "-r HEAD" in a later
update, which will get you back to normal?

> Once the new release is out (a few more days), we'll have the
> "RELEASE" tag as well.  I already updated my Perl release script to
> add it, so it'll be automatic each time.

You could of course have three Xastir source directories, one using
the sticky RELEASE tag, one using the sticky STABLE tag, and one
using no tag at all.