[Xastir] newbie help needed for using xastir under linux with soundmodem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 23 11:04:26 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, James Washer wrote:

> I'm having a bit of trouble getting the transmit side of things working. Receive is working great.
>
> The xmit problem might be my kernel (RH8 kernel, downloading 2.4.24 kernel.org kernel as I write this) .. might be my box (IBM thinkpad P3-600MHz)... might be me (old and tired)
>
> Once I get it all working, I'll publish my notes.

Try cranking up your TXD.  As I recall they changed the units on all
the numbers in the kernel a while back, so the AX.25 HOWTO may be
telling you the wrong numbers to try.  Try *10 on your TXD number to
see if it works better.  Once you figure out what works, crank it
back down.

Also:  You've built some sort of external interface to key up your
rig using the soundmodem interface right?  Check your ciruitry and
the settings to let Linux know what interface to use in order to
key up your PTT line.  Verify that it's getting keyed up.

I had the problem at one point where I did an upgrade, and my AX.25
kernel interfaces weren't transmitting anymore, but they were still
receiving ok.