[Xastir] Non-functioning Menu.

Rich Hall rich at netlynx.us
Thu Jul 1 11:05:54 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am attempting to build Xastir on a Fedora Core 2 system. Everything builds fine..
but when Xastir is run it comes up with a screen (no maps installed yet) that looks
normal, but the menu functions do nothing... clicking on anything across the top
(File, View, Map, Station, Message, Interface, Help) does nothing at all. The other
quirk is the dbfawk.. I can not find anything about it anywhere or get it to
select/install/configure.. What is up with that?

Any ideas?

Thx.
-Rich

This is what is being used on a Fedora Core 2 system with the latest system updates
installed:

PCRE="pcre-4.5"
LESSTIF="lesstif-0.93.94"
LIBTIFF="tiff-v3.6.1"
LIBGEOTIFF="libgeotiff-1.2.2"
GDAL="gdal-1.2.1"
JASPER="jasper-1.701.0.uuid"
SHAPELIB="shapelib-1.2.10"
PROJ="proj-4.4.8"
IMAGEMAGICK="ImageMagick-6.0.2"
XASTIR="xastir-1.3.3"

After running configure:

xastir 1.3.3 has been configured using the
following external libraries.

Building with AX25.......... : no
Building with Festival...... : yes
Building with GPSMan........ : no
Building with ImageMagick... : yes
Building with libproj....... : yes
Building with GeoTiff....... : yes
Building with GDAL/OGR...... : yes
Building with ShapeLib...... : ../shapelib-1.2.10
Building with pcre.......... : yes
Building with dbfawk........ : no

 Rich Hall
 rich at netlynx.us
 http://www.netlynx.us/rich/
 ham radio: kf6arx
 No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message;
 however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
 And remember - if it ain't broke, hit it again.

 Rich Hall
 rich at netlynx.us
 http://www.netlynx.us/rich/
 ham radio: kf6arx