[Xastir] Non-functioning Menu.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 1 12:48:06 EDT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Rich Hall wrote:

> I am attempting to build Xastir on a Fedora Core 2 system. Everything builds fine..
> but when Xastir is run it comes up with a screen (no maps installed yet) that looks
> normal, but the menu functions do nothing... clicking on anything across the top
> (File, View, Map, Station, Message, Interface, Help) does nothing at all.

May be a function of your window manager or bugs in Lesstif.  It
looks like you're running Lesstif.  Remove the lesstif and
lesstif-devel packages and install motif and motif-devel instead.
See if that solves it.  Here with OpenMotif and the FVWM2 window
manager, everything works as it should.

> The other
> quirk is the dbfawk.. I can not find anything about it anywhere or get it to
> select/install/configure.. What is up with that?

What version of Xastir?  Earlier versions required a configure flag
"--with-dbfawk" to turn on that feature.  Latest versions try to
enable it by default.

It looks like you're running CVS Xastir or a recent devel snapshot.
Check your config.log file to see if there are more clues as to why
dbfawk isn't getting enabled.